Focus on the future and the commitment that it will take to make the organization a success.
- What is your organization going to accomplish this year?
- How will your organization grow?
- What are the steps needed to propel your agency to another level?
- Is everyone in your organization on the same page?
The answers to these questions and more can be found in a strategic plan.
Strategic planning steers an organization on the path to success. It is the framework that determines where an organization is going over the next year or more how it’s going to get there and how it will know if it got there or not. More specifically, a plan identifies the mission, vision and/or values of an organization goals to work toward the mission, strategies to achieve the goals, and action planning (who will do what and by when). It increases effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and accountability.
Strategic planning pushes your team to focus on the future and the commitment that it will take to make the organization a success. It shows those who read it that the organization is committed to a plan of action that will sustain and develop the organization one that will allow the organization to better serve the community.
Who can benefit from a strategic plan?
- New Organizations
- Organizations that have never conducted a strategic planning session
- Organizations that would like to add a program or service
- Organization’s experiencing a change in leadership
- Organizations that have become stagnant